Welcome to the home page of At4J – Archive Tools for Java!
At4J provides Java support for reading and creating Zip and Tar archives. It also has an implementation of the bzip2 compression algorithm. LZMA compression is supported through 7-Zip's Java classes.
At4J supports more Zip capabilities and compression methods than Java's built-in Zip classes, such as Unix file metadata and bzip2 compression.
As an alternative to At4J's bzip2 implementation, the bzip2 implementation from the Apache Commons Compress project is also included in the distribution.
The LZMA compression library is from the 7-Zip SDK. At4J provides classes that adapt the 7-Zip classes to Java input and output streams.
- 12/04/2012: At4J 1.1.2 released
- This release fixes bug 3592104 that made the ArchiveExtractor fail when overwriting existing directories. See the release notes and the change log for details.
- 04/10/2011: At4J 1.1.1 released
- This release has various bug fixes and new small features, mainly for Zip files. See the release notes and the change log for details.
- 09/22/2009: At4J 1.1 released
- Version 1.1 introduces a new multi-threaded bzip2 implementation. See the release notes and the change log for details.
- 07/17/2009: At4J 1.0.2 released
- This version introduces the CompressionLevel enum used by all compression methods and by the Zip builder. See the release notes and the change log for details.
- 03/19/2009: At4J 1.0.1 released
- This version fixes three bugs in version 1.0. See the change log for details.